Manconi is an expert in the world of slicers because it has been producing high quality slicers in collaboration with the best craftsmen and professionals in the sector for over sixty years. Is your slicer not working as it should? Do you have any doubts about the correct steps to keep your cutting efficiency high? Follow Manconi's advice and find out how to preserve the health of your meat slicer.
How to use a meat slicer correctly
Depending on the type of activity you perform and the type of machine you have, there are different tricks and procedures. In general, Manconi recommends carrying out the following actions with due care, avoiding the risk of accidents (especially if you work with old slicers).
- Is the operator trained on the correct use of the meat slicer? Before performing or having the operator perform any cutting operations, it is important to ensure proper training.
- To prevent the slicer from failing or breaking, it is necessary to check which products are specific for that type of meat slicer, because slicing incorrect foods can ruin the blade and other components.
- When was the blade last sharpened? It is necessary to set and monitor a blade maintenance schedule, sharpening it regularly.
- Before starting to slice, you need to check and adjust the cutting thickness to the right extent depending on the food product.
- Remember to turn off the machine and unplug it after each use.
How to maintain a meat slicer
No machine is eternal, but with the necessary precautions it is possible to significantly extend the life of the meat slicer and preserve its cutting efficiency. Remember to disassemble and clean your meat slicer regularly using appropriate procedures.
- Before you start, make sure the slicer is unplugged.
- Carefully dismantle machine parts.
- Preliminarily clean the machine removing the larger residues with a paper towel.
- At this point, thoroughly clean the meat slicer using water and a neutral pH detergent.
- Clean the single parts carefully drying one at a time.
- Lastly, clean the machine body and reassemble all parts in order.
When to buy a new meat slicer
Sometimes maintenance is not enough. If the meat slicer has become obsolete and unsafe, if it does not guarantee the best cutting performance, if its main parts are not removable and cannot be cleaned properly, it is much better to change it, before it slows down or ruins your work, also risking to hurt you.
Manconi has been producing high quality meat slicers for over sixty years. If you are looking for a slicer with high cutting efficiency that can improve your work, solid, durable and easy to clean. Furthermore, each Manconi slicer can be fully customized to meet the needs of any sector in the catering world.
Do you want to know which meat slicer is best suited to your business?
Leave your comment