Are you looking for a food slicer that can last for years, keeping high cutting quality and giving great results with minimum effort? In this article we give you some tips to choose a good slicer and maximize its performance.
Choose a professional model
If you need a food slicer to cut deli, vegetables, bread or cheese on a daily basis, perhaps because you work in a deli store, the best choice you can make is to choose a professional model. Going pro is a good choice also if you love high quality results and you don’t want to have bad surprises with a cheap model.
Professional food slicers are expensive, but you have to take into account that they can last for years keeping their cutting quality. Cheaper models tend to break after few months or, at least, lose precision, smoothness and output quality.
Clean the slicer regularly
Second tip: clean your slicer on a regular basis. In the ideal world, you should clean a food slicer after each use, especially if you cut greasy meat, cheese or deli. To optimize the cleaning procedure, you can choose a slicer that can be disassembled in its smaller components, so you can clean them one by one with more accuracy.
The blade is the most delicate part. You can clean it following these instructions:
- First of all, make sure that the slicer is turned off and unplugged
- Bring the thickness of the blade to zero
- If possible, remove the plate, the cover and the deflector to leave the blade exposed
- With some kitchen paper remove all the residual product from the blade
- Use a non-scratch sponge to clean the blade with water and neutral detergent
- Rinse with clean water and dry it with a cotton cloth
Sharpen the blade regularly
Obviously, to get perfect cuts the blade must be sharpened. The best food slicers available today often come with a built-in sharpener, that you can easily put into action by moving it on the blade and turning on the machine. Important: always follow the instructions given with the slicer to use the sharpener properly.
Suggested food slicers
Manconi food slicers offer all the quality of Italian expertise in food slicing and the beauty of Italian design. Our food slicers are professional machines aimed at top level food stores, deli stores, supermarkets, or home kitchens that want to stand out.
Manconi food slicers:
- Are durable and made with the best materials
- Can work for years with impeccable results
- Can be disassembled for perfect cleaning
- Have a pleasant, brilliant Italian design
- Are always designed with built-in sharpener
Here are some of our best machines:
250 IX is a compact, versatile and reliable food slicer designed for home kitchens and small deli stores. Easy to use and compact, it can slice with excellent results any kind of deli, cheese and cooked food. Despite its professional features, it is also one of the most convenient slicers by Manconi. The blade diameter is 250 mm.
300 VK VE: this is a vertical food slicer designed to cut a wide range of food, including deli, fresh meat and cheese. It’s compact, easy to use, safe and perfect for any kitchen. Gear box transmission ensures excellent results in every situation, incredible smoothness and extreme durability. The blade diameter is 300 mm.
350 VX BV is a must-have for any deli store. This food slicer is designed to cut ham, cheese, cooked food, sausages and any kind of deli with minimum effort, incredible smoothness and flawless results. Its new materials are corrosion, shock and scratch resistant. The blade diameter is 350 mm.
370 IK Dual is a food slicer designed for big sized delicatessen, cooked meat and cheese. Top quality materials, precision cutting, cleaning simplicity make this machine a true gem for the food sector professionals. You can choose between the gear box transmission and the belt transmission. The blade diameter is 370 mm.
Customize your Manconi food slicer
On request, you can add a touch of color to your Manconi slicer. We offer two different customization possibilities:
- You can choose the color of the knobs and other plastic components: with minimum expense, you can customize the plastic parts of the slicer with your favorite color. This is the easiest and the most economic way to add a personal touch to your slicer.
- You can choose a painted slicer: a painted slicer is coated with a glossy, moist and corrosion resistant paint that gives a stunning effect to the sight. It is a more expensive choice, but the result is impressive: the slicer becomes a piece of furniture you can show with pride in your store.
If you are interested in one of Manconi slicers, you want to know all our range of machines, or you simply want to ask for more information, please fill in the contact form below. We will be happy to get in touch with you!